August 3, 2009

Calm waters of a tiburtary of Muar River

Location: Muar River near Parit Jawa, Johor, Malaysia (1° 57′ 0″ N, 102° 39′ 0″ E)
Date: 17 April 2004 3.40pm
Camera: Canon G1

Parit Jawa is a little fishing village in Johor beside the Muar River. It has a mudflat that is the feeding ground for a flock of Lesser Adjutants plus many other birds that feed in the mudflat and mangrove ecosystem. It is also a tranquil village with lazy fishing boats along the river banks. However all this may be changing as there are plans to develop the area around here. There doesn't seem to be any study or consideration of the developments on the ecosystem.

1 comment:

Anand John Mathew said...

Great blog, Herbert. I had a lot of pictures and was wondering what to do with them. Had never come across a photo blog that was really impressive till I saw yours. So I made myself one, inspired by yours. ;-) Do check it out and let me know what you think.